Wednesday, 24 April 2013

All About | Dainty Doll



Hippy Shake / Money Talks / My Girl / You Are My Sunshine

This post is going to be all about the brand Dainty Doll and how their blushes are beautiful. I went into Boots the other day especially to check out some of their products as I have fair skin. I'd never tried anything from them before and was on the hunt for some good bits. To my horror there was a Dainty Doll stand but it was empty - there were no products at all. I came home and went onto Debenhams and they only have one Dainty Doll item left. Which made me think, are Dainty Doll going under?

So I went onto trusty Amazon to find a range of Dainty Doll products being sold really cheaply. I thought I'd snap this up so ordered four of their blushes and I've never spent a better £10. Yes I got all four of these blushes for £10 which makes me think they really are going to be discontinued? If you can get your hands on any of these then do as they are wonderfully pigmented and are unique colours I've never seen before. 

Hippy Shake is a my favourite and it's a gorgeous lilac colour like nothing I've ever seen before. It looks beautiful on pale skin and is an all year round sort of shade. Money Talk is a taupe/bronze which is perfect to contour with and would look lovely in the warmer months. My girl is a bright baby pink which is super pigmented but blended out gives the cheeks a rosy glow and finally You Are My Sunshine is a peachy coral - gorgeous for summer. Overall I'm really pleased with these blushes and I hope Dainty Doll continue to produce more products of such high quality.

Do you own any Dainty Doll blushes? Do you know anymore about the brand than I do? Thanks for reading!

Alt

x

14 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to give Dainty Doll a try for a little while now, especially after the huge flash sale on Fragrance Direct a few weeks ago. You Are My Sunshine looks absolutely gorgeous!

    Welcome to the blogosphere Ame, you have a lovely blog!

    Mollie xo
    molliemuses.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really beautiful quality too! Try and get your hands on them if you can! :) aw thank you very much! X

      Delete
  2. Its being discontinued?! I've never tried dainty doll i have always wanted to though! Thank you for your comment lovely! x

    http://www.heldtogetherbypins.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I'm not 100% sure but like I said they weren't in my big boots store and I couldn't find much of them online! I think Fragrance Direct have them on sale at the moment or Amazon :) if you want to get hold of them! Thank you for the comment! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. My girl looks beautiful! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post :) You are my sunshine looks like a gorgeous! He he really want to try these out now!

    Btw loving your blog- just followed ;) Keep up the good work!

    the-hijabi-diaries.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post! It's a shame that Dainty Doll is being discontinued, they had some lovely products. A little makeup stand in my town is selling the blushes for £1.99 and my friend picked up Hippy Shake and I kinda compared it to my MAC Well Dressed blush and they're pretty much identical! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm pretty sure they are :( yeah it's my favourite by far - compliments fair skin so well. Thanks for the comments lovely :)

      Delete
  7. I've wanted to try Dainty Doll makeup for ages but I don't know why I've never got round to doing it haha! May have to pick some blushers up from Amazon but I can see they are selling out quickly! I really like the peachy colour you picked up. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really gorgeous :) xx

      Delete
  8. so pleased i found your blog! lovely post, check out fragrance direct for other pieces from the brand, sooo cheap, that's what made me think about the blush, i'm now going to follow, lovely blog cant wait to hear more http://amyuniquebeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much honey! Glad this helped :) x

      Delete