Friday, 26 April 2013

All About | Illuminating Products



Today's post is all about those products that make your face glow. I've got three top picks that I turn to in spring/summer to add a bit of shimmer to the cheeks and highlight specific areas. During the summer months every girl wants to emphasis those cheek bones, the brow bone and cupids bow. These are three different types of highlighting products that I believe work wonders.

For a liquid highlighter I recommend the No7 Skin Illuminator (peach). This is a very new purchase of mine but I had to include it because it's divine. The only flaw I have with it is the packaging as it's a brush applicator which can get a bit messy and can waste some product but once you've got the technique right it's not that bad. The shade is really gorgeous and gives a peachy shimmer to the cheek bones. It's not sticky and sits really well on top of foundation and under powder.
Next for a cream highlight I love the Jemma Kidd Dewy Glow All Over Radiance Créme (Iced Gold). This product is sadly no more nor is Jemma Kidd which is so sad. I won't talk about it too much as you cannot buy it anymore but for those of you who do this is a reminder to put it into your spring makeup bag! It's a gorgeous milky gold shade which applies easily to the skin. It's lasted me well and is a bit battered - I keep this one for special occasions as I've now hit pan. Such a shame it isn't around anymore but a gorgeous product.
Finally for a powder highlight my favourite is one from Accessorize (Golden Caramel) I bought this ages ago and it's meant to be an eyeshadow but I find it looks beautiful as a highlight too. I'm sure these are very inexpensive and they're such lovely quality!

There you have my three top highlighters, please let me know of any good ones that you use as I'm on the market to try more! I've had my eye on the Topshop ones for a while (are they any good?) Thankyou for reading!

Alt

x

14 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to try the Jemma Kidd Highlighter for ages, it looks gorgeous! My faves are Benefit high beam, MeMeMe Shimmy Shimmers and Famous by Sue Moxley shimmer brick :D xx

    beaumaquillagex.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Been meaning to try the Benefit one - a bit on the pricey side though! X

      Delete
  2. I have wanted to try the jemma kidd highlighter for ages - but I am happy with my soap and glory one :) x


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo may check it out. Thanks! :) xx

      Delete
  3. Hey it’s cool, I really liked it going to try this one. Will be eagerly waiting for more.

    My Blog :- Nature Health Secrets

    And will love to hear from you. Would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for commenting! Will check out your blog :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choices! The Jemma Kidd sounds lovely, such a shame it's no longer available!

    Jesss xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I would pay good money for this product to come back! :(

      Delete
  6. great post, I love glowy skin products :)

    beautyandtheb1.co.uk

    B xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - especially during summer :) thanks for reading! Xx

      Delete
  7. Nice post, I love the Jemma Kidd radiance creme. Luckily I picked it up in a blog sale and use it sparingly as I never want it to run out! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) yeah very lucky - it's so good! X

      Delete
  8. These look exciting! i think i may have to go and invest!


    www.indigogirl1.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're all beautiful products! So perfect for spring! :) xx

      Delete