Monday, 20 May 2013

All About | Under Eye Concealing



I am the worlds worst person for always feeling tired, I'm a top napper and even when I get an early night I still have huge under eye bags the next morning. As it's currently exam season and I'm sitting my A Levels, I'm revising to silly o clock and need something that will keep the bags at bay. This post will involve me discussing what concealers/eye creams that I have in my collection and how I rate each of them individually  They are all pretty much high street too so there's some great bargains! 

Firstly I have the MUA Cover & Conceal concealer (conceal concealer?!) this product only cost me £1 so really doesn't break the bank. My thoughts are that it is a very good standard concealer that can be used for both under the eyes and on blemishes. The coverage is mediocre and for a pound you really can't complain. Rating: 5/10. 
Next I have the Garnier Roll-on which I absolutely adore. This product is so lovely to use and is cooling and really brightens the eye area. As far as concealing goes it's alright, it's fairly light coverage but does a wonderful job in making you feel alert in the early hours so therefore it's a winner for me. Rating: 7/10
The Boots Gently Eye Cream is another good one for brightening up the eyes. It's a fairly thick consistency and blends beautifully. It won't work at covering many blemishes or fully hiding eye bags but I feel it's a lovely eye cream to have if you need something that will make you feel more radiant. Rating: 7/10. 
Next up is the trusty Collection Ever Lasting Perfection concealer. Tried and tested I am one who hypes this product up a lot and it really does the job. This concealer is excellent for getting rid of under eye bags and is great on blemishes too. If you haven't tried it yet then you're missing out and I highly recommend. Rating 9/10. 
Another product I own from the same brand is the Collection Illuminating Touch. This product is not so much a concealer but again helps to brighten the eye area and make you look a lot less tired. This is really inexpensive and works really well. Rating 7/10
Finally is my newest addition but one I fell in love with instantly. Benefit's Erase Paste is absolutely gorgeous forgetting rid of under eye circles. It really gets rid of any dark patches or severe bags and blends like a dream. Although it doesn't look like much a little goes along way with this product and I have a feeling it's going to last me a while. Rating 9/10. 

So there is my collection of concealers/eye brightening creams - I'm yet to try the Bobbi Brown creamy concealer/corrector but one day it will be mine! Honoury mention goes to the Bourjois Healthy Mix concealer as that's one of my favourites I'm just using up the ones I have first before I repurchase. Please leave me any recommendations as I'm a bit of a concealer junkie. Thanks for reading! 

Alt 

x

28 comments:

  1. I love Benefit's Erase Paste. A little dot goes such a long way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm obsessed with the Garnier Roll on! Such an amazing product! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I use it on a daily basis! X

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing! im looking for a good concealer :)

    www.myladyboudoir.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome - hope it's helped! X

      Delete
  4. I really like the Collection concealer.. it's brilliant, and so cheap too xx
    Gemma | ♥ MissMakeupMagpie.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - will forever repurchase it! X

      Delete
  5. The Collection Lasting Perfection is awesome!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah my favourite from the lot! X

      Delete
  6. I reallyw ant to try the collection one! I get such bags and dark circles round my eyes so this would be perfect :) x

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing - I seem to skip concealer in the morning when I am in a rush, and it definitely shows!

    Now following you on GFC and would be great to get a follow back, if you would like to follow each other? :)

    Be great if you could check out my latest outfit posts - think I am addicted to monochrome!

    Thanks! Charlie xx

    UK Fashion & Style Blog | Lurch Hound Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it makes such a difference I think! Thanks honey :) will check out your blog now. Me too - can never go wrong with monochrome! X

      Delete
  8. Great post lovely! I am such a fan of under eye concealers! <3 I love Erase Paste so much, it's such a fab products! :)

    I am running an International Giveaway on my blog now, and I'd love it if you enter for the chance to win some YSL, Chanel and Essie products! <3

    Andrea,
    RosyChicc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! Yeah it really really works :) thanks for commenting! X

      Delete
  9. I'd love to try the MUA concealer, I don't have any face products from them and I am always looking for something to cover my dark circles as well!

    Jordan | Boho Vanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's really good for £1! X

      Delete
  10. I will have to try the MUA one! I love the collection one too :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not bad for £1 and the collection one is the best! X

      Delete
  11. I use the Garnier roll on and I love it! :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Collection lasting perfection concealer is one of my favourites :) But, I do love the No concealer concealer too - it's great at correcting darkness and blueness under the eyes :)

    Georgina
    www.makeup-pixi3.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation! X

      Delete
  13. under eye circles are the bane of my life!! at the moment im using a mix of Rimmel Wake me up concealer and YvesSaintLaurent Touche Eclait but i love the benefit as well, i wish there was something that would budge them for good!!

    cherylovesit87.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm yet to try those two but have heard great things! :)

      Delete
  14. I'm a sucker for under eye concealer, I have no idea why! Highlighting ones are my favourite!

    I love your blog too! The quality of your images is amazing, I'm your 100th follower woo! <3

    aisforayla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they're So addictive to try out! Aw thank you so much honey it means a lot! X

      Delete