Monday, 6 May 2013

Monthly Favourites | April 2013



I'm glad April is over as May is the best month! My 18th birthday is on the 5th of May and two of my best friends also have their 18th birthdays in May! It's going to be an expensive month but it will be worth it. Here is the products I was loving throughout April and that I gravitated towards on numerous occasions.

I finally got around to repurchasing Benefit's Porefessional Primer and I'm so glad to have this back in my life. Although it is a little bit on the pricey side it really does work. It evens out my skin and makes applying foundation a dream with a flawless finish. It's always going to be repurchased and I could not recommend it enough! As it's been getting a (little) bit warmer recently I've tended to go for a tinted moisturiser for my base. I'm a big fan of this Nivea Daily Essential one and I think it's only about £4. I sometimes find it a little too dark but I blend it with a lighter foundation and it has a really nice dewy finish. The fragrance I used throughout the whole of April is 'Paradise' from Next. This is such a beautiful fragrance and the 30ml bottle and 9ml rollerball are sold together for around £8 - which is such a bargain. The scent is light and floral and perfect for spring time. Next do such good perfumes for such a good price so I recommend checking them out. Next up is the famous 'Lychee' by Barry M. I jumped on the band wagon and I'm not looking back. This nail polish is the perfect nude and the formula is beautiful. For the price it's an absolute steal. Finally with the weather warming and the sun making an appearance I've been reaching for my favourite pair of sunglasses. These babies were about £12 from ASOS last year but I think they look more expensive. I love the size, shape and I'm a huge fan of the tortoise shell edges. Definitely look at ASOS if you're after a good quality pair of glasses as these are still going strong! 

So here is my April favourites - is there anything here that you're a fan of? Have you done an Aprils post yet? Thanks for reading!

Alt 


28 comments:

  1. I love the Lychee nail polish, it's such a pretty nude. I've been looking for some sunglasses like that but can never find a pair to suit my face shape x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check out Asos - they've got lots of different styles on there :)

      Delete
  2. Did you have a good 18th?

    I might try that primer if you recommend it then, I need something to help my skin look better!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was brilliant thanks! Yeah it's really good for evening out the complexion :)

      Delete
  3. Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sunglasses. They really do look a lot more expensive than £12 :)

    Megan xxx

    www.littlerenault.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I love them! Thanks for commenting :) xx

      Delete
  5. Paradise is a lovely scent.
    Happy belated birthday, hope you had a blast!

    Sarah
    PrettyGloss - beauty, makeup & a lil life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so beautiful! Aw thank you my lovely :)

      Delete
  6. I really want to try the Barry M nail polish, I must be the only one that hasn't tried it yet!

    FashionProject x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really lovely - beautiful colour, beautiful consistency! X

      Delete
  7. i love the barry m polish! its the best nail polish <3

    http://www.myladyboudoir.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really want porefessional but never get round to getting it but read lots of amazing reviews. Lovely Favorites ....
    I'm now your newest follower hope you stop round mine and say hello sometime

    Carrieanne x

    http://imjustalittlepixie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is really really good! Aw thank you lovely - yeah of course! X

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have interesting and nice blog! Follow you, hope you follow me back. Keep in touch, greetings from Moscow!
    http://afinaskaterblogspotcom.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Aw Moscow is beautiful :)

      Delete
  11. Awesome post! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lychee seems really nice! I've been thinking about picking it up for quite some time now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's beautiful! Inexpensive too :)

      Delete
  13. I love The Porefessional but unfortunately can no longer use it as the silicones in it break me out :( Such a shame, as it was great for smoothing out the appearance of my nose!
    Mel x

    melswallofmirrors.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! :( I'm hoping that doesn't happen with me as that's what I use it for too! X

      Delete
  14. these products look good might have to try some of them
    angel xx

    http://myteenagexperience.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete