Wednesday, 31 July 2013

All About | The Liebster Award




My post today is a little bit different to the usual review/favourites/products dominated post as I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Paige. If you're not already reading Paige's blog then please go over and check it out as she seems a really nice girl and writes really great posts! I will be answering Paige's questions in this post and then will create 11 new questions for 11 of my favourite bloggers! It will be a text heavy post but hopefully you'll find it interesting and find out a little bit more about moi! 

Rules of the Liebster Award
1. Give 11 random facts about yourself
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you by the tagger
3. Choose 11 bloggers with 300 followers or under to give the award and link them in your post
4. Create 11 new questions for your chosen bloggers to answer
5. Make sure the chosen bloggers are aware that you have selected them
6. Do not tag the person who tagged you


11 Random Facts: 
  • My favourite drink in the whole entire world is a Green Tea Frappuccino which they don't sell in the UK - I've only drunk them in Japan and China. 
  • My favourite thing to do is travel - car journeys, trains, planes - I love it all! 
  • I find pugs to be the cutest dogs ever. 
  • My favourite Harry Potter movie is the Half - Blood Prince. 
  • My favourite films are The Little Mermaid and Titanic. 
  • I'm hopefully going to be going to University in London in September to study Fashion Buying Management! 
  • I have four sisters. 
  • The one place I've always wanted to travel to is Italy (particularly Rome, Florence and Venice) 
  • I got an A* at Japanese GCSE. 
  • I have size 9 feet (boooooooo) 
  • My starsign is Taurus!  

Now here are Paige's questions for me to answer: 

1. What is your favourite beauty product?
Thanks Paige for this really tricky question! In general my favourite beauty product is something that gives me confidence. For this I would say either foundation or a bold lipstick so I choose a bold lip as it's a little bit more exciting. A few of my personal favourites include: MAC Vegas Volt, MAC Morange and Revlon Spiced Brandy!

2. What is the reason for why you started blogging?
I started blogging for a few reasons - I've always enjoyed reading fellow blogs and in depth reviews on products before I buy them. I decided to start my blog to be more involved in the blogging community which is so welcoming and friendly. Here I can express my thoughts and opinions, discuss them with others and get feedback of my own!

3. What is your favourite type of food? 
My favourite type of food is probably Italian. I love pizza, pasta, garlic bread etc. The reason why? Because it's so god damn tasty!

4.Smokey Eye or a Bright Lip? 
Hands down a bright lip - I'm such a noob when it comes to eye shadows so when I attempt a smokey eye it just looks like I've been punched in the face. 

5. What is your favourite season? 
My favourite season is Autumn: I love Autumn colours, I love layering up with scarves/coats/jumpers, I love Autumn scents and Autumn evenings! Autumn is just such a beautiful time of the year!

6. Biggest Pet Peeve? 
It's not really a pet peeve just something that bugs me and that I cannot do. It's quite odd but I can't stand it when people fill up say a Coca Cola bottle with water or squash or something? I just can't do it! I have to drink from the bottle that the product is, unless I'm filling a water bottle up with tap water - then that's ok. 

7. Countryside or in the City? 
I've lived in the country all my life but I know that I'm a city girl deep down. I'm hopefully moving to London in September and I just know city life will suit me better and satisfy me much more that the country does! The countryside really does have some breath taking views though - which I will miss!

8. Is the glass half empty or half full? 
Half full. 

9. Would you rather a night in or a night out? 
Definitely a night out!

10. If you could a dinner party with only five people of your choice, who would they be and why?
Leonardo DiCaprio (because he's GORGEOUS), Jude Law (because he's GORGEOUS), Prince Harry (because he's GORGEOUS), Florence Welch (because I love her music and everything about her basically) and Alexa Chung (I admire her style and reckon she'd be cool to hang out with) 

11. What is the most exciting thing you've ever done? 
Probably my travels, I'm 18 years old and have been fortunate to visit Japan, Russia, China, France and Greece. I love travelling and I guess standing on The Great Wall is pretty exciting!

I tag the following gals to take part in this tag: 

Natalie at Thunderlove 
Holly at Holly-Rhian 
Ellis at Ellis Rose
Tasha at Hello Freckles
Jamie at J4mieJohnston
Leigh at imleighbeauty
Bethany at Bethany Maire 
Emily at Beleza by Ems
Hollie at From Eden

My questions for you 11 girls are: 

1. What did you want to be when you grew up when you were younger? 
2. If you had £1000 to spend on  JUST make up or JUST clothes which would you choose? 
3. If you could live in another country to where you do now where would it be and why? 
4. Favourite high end and favourite drug store makeup brand. 
5. Why did you choose to begin your blog?
6. Coke or Lemonade? 
7. If you could see one artist/band live who would it be? 
8. Who is your celebrity 'crush'? 
9. Would you rather wear lipstick on your eyelids or eye shadows on your lips?! 
10. What's your favourite shop to buy clothes and why? 
11. What is your ultimate dream job?

So there are my questions to my eleven tagged bloggers: I know these posts are time consuming but if you do respond please let me know as I'd love to read your answers! Thanks for reading! 

Alt 

x




8 comments:

  1. I would have answered the exact same as you did to these questions!
    Love your blog! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How spooky! Thanks for nominating me - I really enjoyed the tag! X

      Delete
  2. Thank you for nominating me!! Lovely blog, you now have a new follower!!

    Emily | beleza-byems.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're more than welcome! I know they're time consuming to write so I understand if you don't but wanted to give your blog some recognition as it's lovely! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love MAC Vegas Volt, it's such a gorgeous Summery colour xx

    Gemma | ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I love it to! Such a lovely consistency too! X

      Delete
  5. congrats! its great getting to know the blogger behind the blog. &lovely blog as well, really enjoy your makeup reviews and the like. perhaps we could keep in touch and follow each other on GFC and Bloglovin'? please feel free to check out my blog and let me know if you'd like to.

    xoxo
    http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much - will check out your blog now! :) xx

      Delete