Monday, 29 July 2013

All About | My Everyday Makeup



So I haven't blogged for ages and this needs to change! I was away in China for a week or so and now I'm back and going to be blogging a lot more throughout August! Here is a little post on makeup that I wear almost everyday and why I love the products so much! 

Face: On my face throughout being on holiday and the warm weather we've had in the UK I've really been loving the Dr Jart+ Waterfuse Beauty Balm. This has been perfect as an alternative to foundation during hot weather and the consistency and finish is beautiful. I don't like to cake myself in makeup but I set the Dr Jart with a light dusting of Collection Sheer Loose Powder This is cheap as chips and does the job, teamed with the Real Techniques power brush my skin is set for the day! For concealer I always tend to go for the trusty Collection Ever Lasting Perfection concealer. Need I say more? It's such a high quality concealer and works well both under the eyes and hiding blemishes. Whilst being abroad I applied it with the Real Techniques Deluxe Crease brush as I found it to be more hygienic. Finally for the face I apply a small amount of NARS Blush in Luster for contour/blush. I love this warm apricot shade and feels it compliments my fair skin but looks lovely with a tan too!

Eyes: For eye make up I've been keeping it simple. My new favourite product for my eyes is the MAC Paintpot in Painterly. This is the perfect nude cream eye shadow base which I've been wearing on it's own with lashings of mascara. For mascara I've been constantly using Benefit They're Real as it works well with my short lashes ensuring they are given length and volume. If I'm feeling really crazy I'll apply some winged eyeliner - my all time favourite liquid liner is Collection Extreme Eyeliner, I can't recommend it enough - it's so black and pigmented and is about £2.99?! 

Lips: Finally for the finishing products on my lips. I've been switching it up between two MAC lipsticks. I tend to sway towards MAC Vegas Volt if I'm feeling a bolder lip. The consistency is gorgeous and it lasts a long long time. If I'm wanting something a little less 'in your face' I'll go for MAC Hue which again has a lovely formula and is the perfect pink nude for my skin tone!

So there are some of my favourite products for my everyday make up. Please let me know if you like any of these products and thanks for reading! 

Alt 

x

10 comments:

  1. NARS Luster is absolutely gorgeous! Probably my all time favourite blusher :)

    Annie | www.raspberphobia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely in my too three if not my favourite too! X

      Delete
  2. Nars Luster is so pretty! What is the the Dr Jart BB cream like, coverage wise?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! The BB cream is gorgeous - I'd say light to medium coverage and blends really well into fair skin tones unlike other bb creams I've tried! X

      Delete
  3. The Dr Jarts BB Cream sounds great x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the waterfuse on - perfect for summer! X

      Delete
  4. I've nominated you for the Liebster award! http://paigeviolet.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/liebster-award.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much honey! :) X

      Delete
  5. Love NARS blushes, they are so pretty and pigmented. Not tried Luster yet though! :(
    I have recently purchased two of my very first real techniques brushes and am in love, I am going to have to try this powder brush next!

    www.hbbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    Hannah xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The powder brush is one of my favourites! :) xx

      Delete