Tuesday, 27 August 2013

All About | Highstreet Foundations



I've tried many 'high street' foundations over the years, spending endless amounts of money on the latest Rimmel, Revlon and Maybelline launches. I've tried some alright ones and some not so alright ones but these are the three that are my top favourites and I would repurchase again and again. 

The Revlon Nearly Naked foundation (£8.99) caused much controversy with bloggers when it was first released earlier on in 2013. At first I just did not understand the hype and found it to be too 'cakey' and slightly too dark for me. However since using it in the summer months with a bit of a tan I found this was fine for my skin and gave just the right amount of coverage without feeling too heavy on the warmer days. The only drawback I think that stands out with this foundation is that it does not have a pump so a lot of the product does end up being wasted. 

Next up is the L'Oreal True Match foundation (£9.99) which I adore with all my heart. Being a fair skinned gal it's incrediably difficult to find a precise colour match without making me look too dark or orange. This foundation has such a wide colour range and has some really light shades too. The consistency of this foundation is as if it's been created by the gods and I'm so surprised it is not talked about more on blogs and youtube! It is so blendable and the coverage is really buildable, creating such a flawless finish. I will definitely be buying another one of these when this one runs out. 

Finally is one that is also popular with bloggers! The Bourjois Healthy Mix serum (£9.99) is one of my all time favourites. I almost shed a tear when I used up the last few pumps as there was not a back up stashed away in my collection. This foundation is gorgeous for all year round as it can be sheer or built to create a higher coverage. It is a gel foundation making it a dream to blend and lasts a long long time. I will definitely be picking another one of these up next time I'm out and about!

So there are my top three highstreet foundations - please let me know your favourites as I'm always on the hunt to try something new! Thanks for reading! 

Alt

x


2 comments:

  1. willing to try some of them out, the price is fab. you got a new follower here :)

    mandyshareslife.blogspot.com Come visit me♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're all brilliant! Thanks for commenting :) xx

      Delete