Tuesday, 6 August 2013

Monthly Favourites | July 2013



A little bit late on the favourites this most but better late than never! July was a pretty hectic month for me aw I was away in China for ten days. I had an amazing time and it was such an experience to see such a difference in culture. I ate lots of proper Chinese food (which tasted way better than the UK Chinese). Now I'm back a monthly favourites post was due to let you know what I've been loving through July. 

The first product is this Sweet Lemon Hand Cleanse Gel from The Body Shop. I needed a decent, nice fragrant hand sanitiser for the plane journey and to throw in my rucksack whilst I was in China and this one did the job perfectly. The scent is full of citrus and really feels like your hands are getting a deep clean. I picked this up in the sale for about £2 so it was inexpensive and worked really well. I will definitely be checking out more hand sanitisers from The Body Shop.

Next is a product I picked up in Duty Free whilst waiting for the flight out. I've been eyeing it up for a long time and since I had spending money to spare I picked it up. I've been using the Lumi Magique Base Primer by L'Oreal as a primer mixed in with my foundation to create the ultimate dewy glow finish or just blended it on top of my foundation on the top of my cheek bones as a liquid highlight. Either way I feel this is a gorgeous mulituse product which is perfect for the summertime. 

Before the plane I obviously bought a stack of magazines for the ten hour flight (!) to Shanghai. In one of them (I'm really sorry I can't remember which) there was this Nip + Fab freebie. I thought on my travels I would give the Dry Leg Fix a go and I was delighted with the product. Although I'm really not a fan of the scent (which smells a little bit like coco cola penny sweets) I put up with it for the sheer gorgeousness of this leg moisturiser. The product sinks in leaving your legs feeling smooth and supple. I will definitely be trying more products by Nip + Fab and maybe finding a more unscented body moisturiser.

The Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder by Bourjois is something that has been in my collection for ages but I found myself wearing a lot on holiday in China. I think it's a lovely slightly shimmery bronzer which compliments my slightly fair skin - although I have a bit of a tan at the moment it still works for me. I know a lot of people love this and others aren't so keen but for me it works a treat. I am lusting over their relatively new Bronzing Primer though which is quite high up on my beauty wishlist. Finally in my July favourites is a Topshop product which I've barely put down this month.

As it was SO hot in China and for a bit in the UK when I returned home I decided to say a brief goodbye to my usual everyday liquid eyeliner cat flicks and substituted them for a bit of undereye/waterline kohl instead. This Topshop Kohl in Sable is a gorgeous brown eyeliner which glides onto the waterline and just underneath the eye like a dream. It adds such a grungy look and is so quick and easy to apply - if you want minimal effort for those hot summer days then this is worth a try!

So there are my favourites for the month of July - let me know if you've tried any of these products and your thoughts on them! Thanks for reading! 

Alt 

x

8 comments:

  1. I love the Lumi Touch Primer too! Mine ran out ages ago..I must invest again! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's a lovely product! :) xx

      Delete
  2. Would love to buy the primer. Been eyeing it up for ages. Hopefully it will be available in the Duty Free when I head away.

    Would love if you could check my blog out!
    Freckles and the Fox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pick it up if you can! :) have a lovely time away! xx

      Delete
  3. the bourjour bronzer looks amazing, great post :oxx

    Louise & Rachel xxx
    Louchelles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! Thanks so much :) xx

      Delete
  4. To think I still haven't tried Bourjois' Bronzer! I must get one! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should - it's gorgeous! :) xx

      Delete