Monday, 23 September 2013

All About ~ Autumn/Winter Lipsticks





Rimmel Kate Moss 107 / Revlon Spiced Brandy / MAC Brave

It's been a crazy past week but I'm now hoping to get back to blogging on a regular basis. I've now moved into uni and have been thoroughly enjoying freshers and my orientation week. Lectures start tomorrow but I'm trying to manage my time well so I can blog whenever I can.

Autumn is officially here: the ankle boots are on and the fluffy jumpers are out so this post is going to be the infamous top three lipsticks for Autumn/Winter. First up is Rimmel's Kate Moss lipstick in 107, this is a gorgeous purple toned berry shade which compliments a range of skin tones. This lipstick is so affordable and the colour stays on for hours. The only criticism is that it can be a little bit drying however with a good moisturising lip balm underneath it stays rich and nourished.
The next shade which I always opt for in the chillier months is Revlon's Spiced Brandy. I think this may be discontinued in stores but can still be found online. Revlon is a brilliant brand for lip products and they always seem to have offers on making them even more affordable. I feel this shade really compliments fair skinned girls like myself and I really enjoy wearing it. Again it works best with a good lip balm underneath but it's lasting power is impressive and it's gorgeous rich colour lasts for ages.
Finally I had to include a MAC lipstick in this post: my favourite MAC lipstick for A/W is Brave. It's a gorgeous berry shade which looks gorgeous on the lips paired with winged liner and a shed load of mascara. It is a satin finish and is a pleasure to wear as it looks sophistcated and does not budge for a good few hours.

So there are my top three favourite shades for A/W, there were loads more I could have included but these are the three that really made the cut. Please let me know your favourite lipsticks for the Autumn months and thanks for reading!

Alt

x


4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous shades for fall.
    I need to add deeper shades like these to my lipstick collection. Thanks for the inspiration. :)


    Sarah
    Pretty Gloss ♥ beauty, makeup & a bit of life..
    bloglovin | twitter | pinterest | facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can never have too many lipsticks! X

      Delete
  2. Love these colours! So perfect for autumn :)

    serendipityjjones.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete