Monday, 9 September 2013

All About ~ Pink Products



One colour I always tend to push to the back of my makeup collection is pink. I'm all for wearing winged eyeliner on a daily basis but usually tend to spice things up with a bright lip be it a striking red or a rich coral. So I thought I'd have a dig around my collection and pull out a few pink products that I must wear more. Some days I think it's best just to go natural and rock a pink lip or rosy pink cheeks. Here are a few of my all time favourite pink lip and cheek products. 



For pink cheeks I have a couple of 'go to' products. One of these is an infamous Topshop Cream Blush in the shade Afternoon Tea. This is a delightful deep pink shade which dotted onto the apples of the cheeks creates a natural flush - the consistency is divine and the colour lasts a long time. The second  pink blush I occasionally opt for is a gorgeous powder blush by Dainty Doll. The shade My Girl is a subtle pink which looks gorgeous lightly dusted on the tops of the cheek bones. I find this shade really compliments my pale skin and am determined to wear it more often! 

Onto lip products - I think I have enough lip balms, sticks, glosses, stains and lacquers to last me a lifetime and I probably don't need 8 of the same colour. My favourite pink beauty balm is by No7 - it's a sheer yet colour glossy balm which looks lovely on it's own or on top of another lipstick. For a bit more of an intense pink colour the Rimmel Apocalips in Celestial is a gorgeous alternative. The colour won't budge for hours on end and is a lovely wearable everyday shade. Another alternative for a long lasting stain is the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey. These were raved about not too long ago and it seems every brand and their mother has brought out their own range - the Clinque Chubby Sticks were the first to set the trend but the Revlon dupes are gorgeous too for a fraction of the price. Finally is quite possibly my favourite of the bunch - the MAC lipstick in Hue is perfect for those days when you want to keep makeup to a minimum. The consistency is smooth and the colour is so pretty. A side note about MAC lipsticks is that they have the most divine vanilla scent so are definitely worth a swatch! 

There are my favourite pink products from my makeup collection - please let me know if you have an recommendations and thanks for reading! 

Alt 

x





2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the colour pink, but when it comes to makeup I always favour other colours too. I love everything you picked out, the Just Bitten Balm Stains are so nice, Honey is my favourite of the bunch :) x

    www.beautiful-solutions.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too! Yeah it's mine too along with rendezvous :) xx

      Delete