Tuesday, 3 September 2013

Monthly Favourites ~ August 2013



TRESemme Hair Mask / Bourjois Bronzing Primer / MAC Vegas Volt / Vaseline Moisturiser


So the month of August has come to an end. I'm happy and sad for this month to have finished: happy because it's now September which marks the start of Autumn, Autumn is my favourite months and I can't wait for the tartan scarves and berry lips to come out! I'm sad August has finished as summer is pretty much done with - I've had an amazing Summer with some amazing people visiting beautiful places and generally feeling happy! So the end of a month can only mean a monthly favourites post - I've not used many new products this month as I found some lovely products in June and July which I've kept on using but here are a few things I feel deserve a mention. 

The first product I've been loving throughout August is the TRESemme Split Remedy hair mask. One of the first things that drew me to picking this up was the products promise to help with Split ends. I knew it probably wouldn't work after one use (it says three on the tub) but after a few times using this I noticed my split ends looking mended and much healthier. Instead on the ends of my hair being brittle and dry they were starting to look nourished and healthy. Something else that must be noted about this product is the smell - it is absolutely divine. It smells very fresh and I can only recommend you going to have a little smell yourself. Overall I'm so impressed with this hair mask and enjoy using it about once a week.

Next is something I've heard a lot about in the blogging community and was really intrigued by the product. The Bourjois Bronzing Primer received a lot of love throughout June/July not as a 'bronzing primer' but as a cream bronzer and I couldn't wait to hop on the bandwagon. Again I really love the scent of this product and love the way it looks as a cream bronzer. I apply this with the Real Techniques Stippling Brush and delicately stipple the product on my cheekbones. This works really well on my fair skin and adds a little sun-kissed look to my usual pasty white skin. I love this product and feel it would compliment a huge range of skin tones - if you haven't swatched/tried this product yet then definitely do so! As a side note I think this is perfect for the transition from Summer through to Autumn too as it really helps sculpture the face without making it look to muddy or orange.

The next lipstick is one I had been eyeing up for a while during Spring and when I went to Greece in June I caved and picked it up in duty free. MAC Vegas Volt has been on my lips a lot throughout August as it is just the most flattering coral for the warmer months. I featured it in my everyday make up post as I have been loving it and wearing it almost everyday. I think it would look lovely on those lucky enough to catch a tan but also on those who are not so fortunate and stay pale throughout the summer. The finish of this lipstick is gorgeous and the colour pay off is beautiful and really long lasting.

The final monthly favourite for August is the Vaseline Cocoa Radiant Body Butter - this moisturiser is cheap as chips yet does the job perfectly. I love the scent of anything Cocoa or Shea Butter and this ticks all of the boxes. The product sinks into the skin and does not leave any sort of residue or film. I've really been enjoying using this product and it's been a staple in my post shower routine.

So there are my favourites throughout the month of August! Please let me know what you've been loving just recently or leave links to your August favourites post in the comments! Thanks for reading!

Alt

x

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to give this hair mask a go! I love hair products, since I bleach my hair a lot I need good products. Im using one atm by TRESemme, looks the exact same but with a red lid... I think its the colour protect one? Anyway, its amazing too! Smells good and defs softens my hair xox

    The Style Khaleesi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think I've seen the advert for that one! I have coloured hair too so may give that one a try! Thanks for commenting :) xx

      Delete