Wednesday, 6 November 2013

Monthly Favourites ~ October 2013

So it's time for my monthly favourites again as it's already the 6th day of November and Christmas is just around the corner! I've got assignments due this month and in December so it's going to be crazy busy to fit blogging into the equation too. I am really going to try and keep my posts consistent but I cannot make any promises... Anyway back to the post: so I've not been loving anything really new this month as being a student I simply don't have the money to splurge on the latest beauty bits. However there are definitely some firm favourites here and I recommend pretty much every single one. 



I'm going to kick things off with the non make up favourite for me this month and this has to be Caramel Lattes. Whether it's Costa, Starbucks or some chic cafĂ© I'm not bothered. Nothing makes me more awake than one of these in the morning, especially now that it's getting freezing outside I find myself to be having them daily... 
I've been loving my MAC products this month, I've been so attached to my beloved Naked Basics palette I though I'd show some affection to my MAC quad and I've definitely fallen back in love. The four shades I have in my quad are: Soba, Ricepaper, Satin Taupe and Patina. I love these shades as I feel they can all be blended together if I'm going out or if I'm in a hurry I'll just choose one and sweep it over the lid and add some mascara - eye makeup done in seconds. MAC eye shadows are expensive but the quality is divine and I feel they're well worth the money. To blend or apply the shadows I've been using my trusty MAC 217 brush, I have probably mentioned this in a favourites post before but this brush is a staple in my everyday routine and I can't imagine life without it (sad I know.


I've also been wearing my MAC blush in Margin a lot this month, after featuring it in my Autumnal blushes post I was inspired to wear it non stop. It's perfect for adding some warmth to my usual pasty white face and a little goes along way. 
My final favourite from the month of October has been my lipstick of choice for the month, Spiced Brandy by Revlon is one of my all time favourites. When I wear this shade I keep the rest of my makeup minimal as this does all the talking. It's a deep wine red colour with the perfect hint of brown, I feel it really compliments and contrasts with my skin tone but creates such a striking look. The consistency is not drying at all and this does not budge for a good few hours. 


So there is what I've been loving throughout October. I'm really looking forward to November even if it's going to be dominated by Uni work. I love wrapping up for the cold weather and staying inside reading books when it's all miserable outside. Please let me know what products you've been loving this past month or comment with the link to the post below. Thanks for reading! 

Alt 

x


8 comments:

  1. Salted Caramel Lattes = <3! I can't get enough of these, though now the christmas menu's are out in costa, the White Hot chocolate is another firm favourite x

    www.crazylins.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them! I'm such a fan of hot chocolates too though so will have to give the White one a try! :) x

      Delete
  2. That MAC blush shade is absolutely divine! Not something I'd usually pick out but it really is so pretty.

    Vickie xo
    vickieblogs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really gorgeous for this time of year :) x

      Delete
  3. Your MAC quad looks absolutely gorgeous - I've only got one shade in my quad so far and think I will be adding Satin Taupe or Patina next! I love your blog by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the quads are so handy - I love mine and use it all the time! Aw thankyou very much :) x

      Delete
    2. I just wanted to say that I really enjoy your blog! Keep up the great work ♡

      PS: May I invite you to my giveaway?

      Win a SUITSUIT luggage set (value €407) on my blog:

      www.freshminhtea.com

      Delete