Tuesday, 26 November 2013

Trend Watch: All About Sequins

So there's no denying Christmas is just around the corner, with the Christmas lights and markets in most towns now everyone is getting ready for the busiest and most magical season of the year! A current trend this year is sequins, every girl is in need of a sequinned garment in their wardrobe and here is a few I've had my eye on. 


All About Sequins


Outfit 1: Topshop Sequin Velvet dress - £68 

This is probably my favourite of the outfits as it's design features are just so unique and eye catching. A mixture of the textures is something that really grabbed my attention and the gorgeous shade that has been selected is not the usual christmas red or gold. I think Topshop have done really well with this number putting their own spin on the classic gold or red sequin dress: I also feel that the cut and sleeve length of the dress will flatter many figures and the synched waist will do well in skimming over those added Christmas pounds (in my case I'm hoping anyway!)

Outfit 2: Boohoo Selma Sequin Dress - £43

The next outfit I really love as it's another twist on the 'LBD', I feel the shape will also be flattering - the v neck line and loose shape will do well again in flowing over the hips. For £43 this is a cheaper alternative for a sequin dress as the embellishments on most cause them to be quite pricey.


Outfit 3: New Look Black Sequin Bralet - £25 & Miss Selfridge Shorts £48

The final outfit is an alternative to the sequinned dress yet will look just as classy and Christmassy at a Christmas party. The shorts are my favourite and the beauty about them is that they can be paired with so many different things and colours. The bralet is gorgeous and again could be teamed with other garments such as skater skirts or disco pants. These two however work really well together and paired with some wedges you will be good to go!

So there are some of my favourite sequinned garments that are currently on sale! There are so many styles and shapes out there with sequin decor them it just depends which one suits you! Thanks for reading!

Alt

x

2 comments:

  1. I am loving sequins at the moment its very festive I bought the sequin gabby dress from motel and love it :D x

    www.krystelcouture.com
    GLAMGLOW + Macadamia Oil Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the motel sequin dresses too -- they're gorgeous :) x

      Delete