Sunday, 5 January 2014

Knot this time

Along with probably every other girl with hair past their shoulders my hair is an absolute nightmare to keep knot free. My hair is quite a bit past my shoulders but I definitely wouldn't consider it to be long, probably more medium length and something I really struggle with is keeping the tangles at bay. I've recently discovered a little routine which I've found definitely help with the knot situation and keeps my hair feeling smoother and more nourished. 


I've been using my tangle teezer for a good year or so now and honestly cannot recommend them enough - from the first hair brushing using it I recognised such a difference in how my hair felt after brushing and it made brushing hair a dream. The tangle teezer gently glides through the hair without pulling or tugging on tangles, instead it gets them out without any pain or eye watering. 

A recent purchase of mine which has made the process even easier and much more sweet smelling is using the rainforest radiance detangling spray by The Body Shop. Not only does this stuff smell divine (bilberry extract and linseed oil) but a few spritz of it on post shower damp hair ensures that the tangle teezer will even more effortlessly get rid of those tangles. 

A final product which I run through the ends of my hair after a shower and even when it's dry sometimes is another product from The Body Shop. I feel their coconut oil is perfect for smoothing over fly aways and keeping the ends of my hair nourished. As with all products from The Body Shop this one smells gorgeous and is an absolute gem to use. 

The Products: 

So if you're struggling with knotty hair then I recommend trying these products either on their own or combined and hopefully it will make the dreaded post shower hair brush routine a much more enjoyable (?) experience. Thankyou for reading! 

Alt 

x

6 comments:

  1. My hair has grown quite a lot lately and I'm starting to notice it getting tangled more often. I'm going to give the tangle brush a try, I've heard great things!

    youngandfoolishhappiness.blogspot.co.uk | Bridie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is amazing, definitely worth the money -- I've had mine for way over a year and it's still going strong! xx

      Delete
  2. I need a tangle teezer! I have heard so many amazing things about them!! Great post :)
    If you ever have time i'd love it if you'd be able to check out my blog, im kind of new so any feedback/comments/suggestions would be amazing ♥

    http://xprincessjas.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend them! I will have a look at your blog now :) thanks for commenting! xx

      Delete
  3. I've been thinking about getting a tangle teezer as my hair is starting to get quite long! Will me my first payday purchase I think :) lovely post and a lovely blog hun! Will have a look through some older posts too!

    xxx

    faceitamy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I keep going on but it really does make a difference to hair brushing! I've lost mine since writing this post(!) so definitely need to either find it or buy another one -- asap! xx

      Delete