Sunday, 12 January 2014

The bare minimum

I'm normally one to wear a relatively full face of makeup almost 7 days a week, I'll always sport some winged liner and love to experiment with lipsticks. I will also almost always give my cheeks a dusting with a blusher of my choice to add some colour to my pale face. 
Just recently I've decided to take a couple of steps back on the makeup front - to give the natural look a go and to give my skin a bit of breathing space. 
So for those no makeup days I have a few products which never fail me and I love putting together. For the base instead of a full coverage heavy duty foundation I opt for the dr jart+ bb cream, I was obsessed with this product over the summer as it still provides enough coverage for my liking but lets my freckles show through and still looks like natural skin. For any really nasty spots or blemishes I dab on a little bit of the collection ever lasting perfection concealer - I've mentioned this before and it really is such a good value product which works wonders! For something natural yet still visible for cheeks I tend to reach for nars luster which is a gorgeous apricot shade, I love this as I feel it compliments my skin tone and helps sculpture my face. 
For eye I keep it pretty minimum, when I experiment with lots of eyeliner and blending neutral shades I find my eyes can become a little bit irritated so it's best that on some days I give them a break. I go for my favourite neutral base - the mac paint pot in painterly which is gorgeous at smoothing over the eyelids and with a bit of the mac false lashes mascara which isn't as intense as it sounds and adds just the right amount of both volume and length. Finally for the lips I'll either just slick on some plain lip balm or I'll go for a subtle shade, smoked peach by revlon is gorgeous and ties in really well with the nars blusher. 

The Products: 

So these my go to products for when I want to wear the bare minimum of makeup - this look is perfect for just popping out to the shops or running errands. Let me know your favourite natural makeup products and thank you for reading! 

Alt 

x

4 comments:

  1. My favourite natural looking products at the moment are Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation, MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study and MAC Angel lipstick :) Loved your picks! I need to try more shades of Paint Pots
    x

    Naomii
    www.glitterbomb-makeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always wanted to try that foundation! :) Yes, MAC paint pots are beaut xx

      Delete
  2. Love NARS luster, and you have such a lovely blog! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much honey :) and I know it's so gorgeous -- one of my favourites! xx

      Delete