Saturday, 1 February 2014

the favourites post: january 2014

The first of February is already here -- how crazy is that?! Christmas and New Year feels like a life time away and it's now time to start prepping for my assignments and it'll soon be Easter! I'm going home for reading week this month which I'm really excited about - although I love the London atmosphere uni work is pretty full on and sometimes a break back to the countryside is needed. Anyway, enough rambling and onto my favourites of the month.
First up I've been loving my new Daniel Sandler eye groomer (spoolie) for the brows, I was in urgent need of this little tool and I picked this one up on ASOS for about a fiver. It serves it's purpose and helps to keep the bushy brows at bay. 
Next is a product I bought a month or so ago and I'm really enjoying using - The Body Shop never seem to fail me with their products and their Tea Tree Pore Minimiser is no different. I apply a little bit of this on before my foundation or sometimes even mix the two together. I find this really helps to prime the skin and create a smoother finish to what I'm used too. The scent is quite strong so if you're not a heavy fan of scented products then maybe give this one a miss. 
I'm unsure of if I've mentioned the next product before on the blog but if I haven't I definitely should have. I've had my MAC Mineralize skin finish in Lightscapade for a good six months now and I absolutely love it. This month I have rediscovered the art of highlighting and this one does the job just beautifully. I was opting for Soft and Gentle originally but decided that this one would be far better suited for my pasty face and it seems to be. A little goes a long way with this product and it just adds such a gorgeous shimmer to the cheekbones or wherever else needs to be highlighted. 
I've also rediscovered a gorgeous lipstick this month which I've definitely opted for wearing more than most. I'm not a huge fan of Rimmel lipsticks because of their scents but with the colour of this Kate Moss shade 03 being so divine I can make an exception. This nude beige shade is the perfect neutral colour for my complexion and has been a complete go to colour for me throughout January. 
Finally is another lip product and another product from The Body Shop. I've been using their Honeymania lip balm many times a day to help with the cracks and sores from the cold weather. I love the scent and the consistency and it's just a really good lip balm to be thrown in a bag so it's there whenever you need. 

The Products: 
1. Daniel Sandler spoolie

Only a few favourites for the month of January but I really love them all and have been using them all copious amounts. Please leave your blog posts if you've done a favourites post or let me know if you like any of mine! Thanks for reading!

Alt

x

6 comments:

  1. I need a spoolie! I really like the sound of the Honeymania lip balm, the Body Shop do great ones. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely lip balm :) and the spoolie has changed my brows completely! xx

      Delete
  2. that lip balm sounds devine, i love love love the strawberry one :) yum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the strawberry one is also great! xx

      Delete
  3. I can only imagine how luxurious the Honeymania lip balm is! Great favorites!

    xo Glazed Over

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous :) and thanks chick! xx

      Delete