Sunday, 30 March 2014

haul #1


From what I can recall I've never blogged about a recent haul on my blog before - usually I don't buy lots over a short period of time so I use most of the products by the time I have enough new things to collate a haul post. However I had some spare money the other week left over so made a few online purchases of products which I wished I'd got about a year ago when they were all raved about but it sometimes takes me a while before I jump on these bandwagons purely because I don't have the money at the time…

The first order I made was one from Debenhams as it was free delivery if you spent over £30. I finally bought the full size of the Origins Drink Up Intensive overnight mask, at £22 I've been using samples of this for months and have always vowed to buy the full size and I did it! No regrets as this makes so much difference to my dry forehead and I use it every other night - you only need a tiny amount as it spreads well. Oh and it smells divine. The next product which has been on my wish list for so so long is the Bobbi Brown creamy concealer - I've been lusting after this for a long time since Essie used to rave about it on her channel. It's quite pricey for a concealer but I felt like treating myself, with my assignments for uni too late nights and early mornings are a regular occurrence and even the first time using this it definitely helps to hide those dark circles. 

I then made an order on a website called Escentual which sells many skincare and fragrance brands. They had a third off their french brands so I took the opportunity to pick up a few things I've been lusting over. Finally I managed to get hold of some reasonably priced Bioderma, these were on buy one get one free so I got two for £9.99 which I thought was a bargain. I then popped the Nuxe Rive De Miel lip balm as it seems every blogger has this product except me. There's been so much hype around this product I'm sure it will live up to the expectations and with the third off offer I believe it was around £6. Finally a small impulse buy was the Avene Thermal Spring Water - I bought the smaller bottle for about £2.50 and I'm going to trial this for setting my make up and just interested to see if it will keep my make up looking better for longer. 

I'm trying to have a bit of a spending ban now as I'm trying my best to save up a bit of money for the summer but knowing me it will last around a week… 

2 comments:

  1. I recently bought the Nuxe lip balm too, and it is so amazing, I totally get the hype! I nearly got that concealer yesterday too, until the lady on the counter talked me out of it by saying it doesn't work without the corrector underneath. I'm sure she was talking rubbish to get me to spend twice as much, but it made me annoyed enough to buy neither! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't listen to them! It works perfectly fine without the corrector! xx

      Delete