Thursday, 27 March 2014

pinks, peaches & corals


If someone asked me what my favourite season of the year was I'd usually almost say Autumn, but every time Spring comes around I have second thoughts. My birthday is in Spring, there's less chance of rain and everyone seems so much happier because the sun is shining (even if it's just a little bit). 
I love Spring colours makeup wise and mix up my collection, ensuring I'm wearing more pinks, peaches and corals. Photographed are some of my favourite lips and cheeks products from both high street and higher brands. 
If you're after some good coral shades then I love the Dainty Doll blush in sunshine, it looks gorgeous if you've got a slight tan! I also love two lipsticks, one from MAC in the shade Vegas Volt - if you've not ever swatched this shade then get swatching! For a cheaper pinky coral I love the Topshop lipstick in Macaroon. Both lipsticks are creamy and feel light in consistency and the colour sticks around for a while. The Revlon lipstick in Kiss Me Coral also deserves a mention, it's great for those days when you want something much lighter and less bright alongside the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable balm stain in Rendezvous.

For those days when you want to revolve your makeup look around those peachy shades there's a couple of go to products I pick up. I love to use the Natural Collection blush in Peach Melba as it's the perfect matte dusty peach shade which looks gorgeous on fair or tanned skin. If I'm after a different consistency I'll opt for the Topshop cream blush in Head Over Heels - this shade is absolutely divine and blends like a dream. For £6 I think the Topshop cream blushes are an absolute steal. For peachy lips I am loving the Maybelline Coloursensational Lip Gloss in Cashmere Rose, it's a slightly pinky peach but has the most delightful finish. I also highly recommend the Revlon matte lipstick in Smoked Peach (which I couldn't find to photograph, boo).

Finally for the classic English Rose look I tend to go for the real pinky products. For blush I'll dust over the Dainty Doll blush in My Girl, the consistency of these blushes is like butter and glide onto the cheeks so well. For lips I'll always go for MAC Hue, being one of my first MAC lipsticks I love it to pieces and it suits everyone. For a pinky gloss I love the No7 lip balms, they're long lasting and feel so nourishing… a few peachy, pinky and corally shades are definitely worth the investment for the spring… 



No comments:

Post a Comment