Tuesday, 27 May 2014

the favourites post - may 2014

It's coming to the end of May which can only mean one thing surely? Time to rally up the best of the bunch for a monthly favourites post. There's some old and some new in this post so a bit of a mixed bag but I have enjoyed using them all over the last month or so.

Makeup wise the first product I've been using almost everyday is the Bourjois Paris Bronzing Primer. I think this was launched last summer and I used it a few times then but as the sun was shining quite frequently throughout May it was time to venture out into the bronzing world once more - I'm fairly pale and with this blended out on the skin I feel it's not too orange or too much of a 'muddy' brown shade.
I treated myself to my first Illamasqua product this month for my birthday - I opted for one of their lipsticks in the shade **** I'm very, very impressed with the formula and the staying power of this lippy and the colour? Well the vibrant pink speaks for itself really.

I've been like a few brushes and things also this month, when using the Bronzing Primer I always find the best way to apply it is with the Real Techniques Stippling brush - these just go together so well and the brush makes it so easy to really work the product into the skin. A brush I recently bought is the & Other Stories eyebrow brush and I feel like this is what I've been needing my whole life - it makes filling in the brows with powder easy and precise and is just a really handy brush which I use all the time for my brows. These cotton buds are slightly random but I prefer the flat ends and pointed ends to regular cotton buds for make up as they are so multi purpose. I use the flat end to sometimes blend out shadows and the pointed end to correct eyeliner, smudge or neaten up smudged lipstick.

Finally I've jumped on that Hydraluron bandwagon and let me tell you - I'm not about to get off anytime soon. This is really good at restoring moisture back into dry skin and really hydrates and prevents dry patches. You definitely get what you pay for and this tube will definitely last a while.

So there you have it, May favourites = done... now bring on June and (hopefully) some more sunshine here in the UK!

No comments:

Post a Comment