Tuesday, 10 June 2014

the tag: lipstick addict

From bottom to top: NARS Red Square - Illamasqua Immodest - Topshop Macaroon - MAC Brave - 17 Beehive - Max Factor Mauve Moment - Maybelinne Cashmere Rose - Collection Cotton Candy

I thought it was time to write up a post on the Lipstick Addict Tag as I'm lovin' watching the videos and reading the posts of the tag which Estée and Amelia created a month or so ago now. I love lipsticks and lip products and really enjoyed answering the tag - I also featured lots of different brands when looking back which I thought was quite good as it shows just how much different brands have to offer! 

1. Favourite balm/treatment? 
Like a lot of people there was one product which came straight to mind when thinking about this question. The Nuxe Réve de Miel lip balm has been the answer to all my prayers concerning problematic lips with issues such as being chapped and drying. The scent is gorgeous and it's a brilliant balm for overnight as your lips are guaranteed to still be nourished and hydrated when you wake up the next morning. 

2. Best eye-catching red?
There's a lot (and I mean a lot) of potential reds for this question - both the drugstores and more high end brands offer so many different types and shades of red. I settled on the NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Red Square, a recent addition to my collection I find myself reaching for it a lot. The formula is really long lasting and the colour is definitely eye-catching... a true red which is more orange based... a definite winner in my eyes. 

3. Best luxury and best drugstore? 
As I am a student and have to set myself budgets I don't own many luxury lipsticks, I've got my eyes on a couple of Chanel ones after watching/reading this tag but for the moment I have selected an Illamasqua number - the shade Immodest is absolutely stunning. Being a really vivid pink this one is not for the faint hearted and it is extremely drying but it can also be patted into the lips to give them a nice wash of colour. For drugstore I felt like I had to mention the Topshop lipsticks, I particularly love the shade Macaroon, as it's a lovely peachy coral which flatters many skin tones. The Topshop lipsticks are really great quality for around £8 and they do the most beautiful range of shades. 

4. Best MAC lipstick? 
This one had to go to my very first MAC lipstick which I still treasure and adore. Brave is a gorgeous mauve plum shade which I hardly hear anything about in the world of MAC. It's Satin finish makes it a dream to wear on the lips and I feel it really flatters my fair skin, I'm coming to the end of the bullet but I will definitely be repurchasing. 

5. The most disappointing? 
It was tricky to pick this one out as I tend to always do my research on lipsticks before hand. There's some shades that are a bit ruddy and definitely get put to the back of the stash but I had to pick 17's Beehive. This shade has been hugely hyped up by many bloggers and it is lovely. however it's more of a gloss than a lipstick and I feel it doesn't really compliment my skin and sort of washes me out. A disappoint for me but others swear by it so swatch it before you buy perhaps? 

6. Lip liner - yes or no? 
I would be lying if I said yes on the is question, lip liner can be fun but I hardly ever use it. I do have one though I thought I would mention as it is gorgeous I just can never be bothered to go the extra mile. The Max Factor Mauve Moment liner is a seriously lovely colour and if you're after a plum coloured liner then this could be a good one to start with. 

7. Best lipgloss? 
Again, this has been a popular answer on some of the tags I've seen but I am really loving the Maybelline Coloursentational shine gloss in Cashmere Rose, these are stunning layered over lipsticks but equally as beautiful on their own - not sticky at all and product a lovely sheer colour for the lips. 

8. Something extra? 
Liquid and cream lip products have been extremely popular with both luxury and highstreet brands over the last few years, with particular raves over YSL, L'Oreal and Bourjois. However I love a much cheaper alternative which is the Collection cream puffs, I love the shade Cotton Candy and although their colour range is really scarce it's worth picking them all up as they're about £4 each. They are top quality and I feel like they need to be more well known! 

I hope you enjoyed reading my version of the lipstick addict tag and please leave your versions or videos linked in the comments... I have my pen and paper ready to take notes on products I should have in my collection... 







No comments:

Post a Comment