Friday, 18 July 2014

drugstore favourites #1

The drugstore is a great place to start if you're venturing into the world of beauty and makeup. They have such a wide variety of brands ranging from all different prices and qualities. This post will be the first of a series where I pick out my current favourites from Boots/Superdrug with most of the products being under £5!

Something I've been meaning to try for absolutely ages is the Vaseline Spray & Go, I bought this on offer as I thought the full £5 price tag was a bit expensive and I didn't expect the product to last as long as it has but it has lasted a few uses and there's still a lot of product in the bottle. This product works wonders as it's so easy and convenient to apply -- I always forget (can't be bothered) to apply body moisturiser post shower but this definitely speeds up the process and encourages me to persevere.
The Batiste Dry Shampoo for me is a life saver -- I'm trying to cut down on the amount I wash my hair as it's better to maintain the condition of your hair in the long run. So for day 2 or day 3 hair a few spritz of this rubbed in can make your hair feel like it's day 1 hair! Warning: some of them can make your hair look a bit white so spray from quite far away or make sure it's been brushed/rubbed in. There is some specific for blonde/brunette hair along with there being various other scents -- one of my favourites is the cherry!

The newest addition to my drugstore favourites is the Superdrug Vitamin E Moisture Mask - for under £3 this mask really injects a lot of moisture into the skin and smells lovely too. It is more of a moisturiser consistency which is a bit odd but I just rub it in and then rub it off with a warm flannel. They have a few variations of masks similar so it's definitely worth having a nose in Superdrug.
Finally is a product I use almost daily to moisturise and add a sheen of colour to my lips -- the Blistex Lip Brilliance is a divine product which gets the balance perfect between colour and moisture and is just a pleasure to use, I always throw this in my bag if I'm in a rush as I know it will do what it says on the tin and not let me down...

No comments:

Post a Comment