Wednesday, 2 July 2014

the favourites post - june 2014

So June is done and dusted for the year and what a lovely month it has been, here in the UK we have been spoilt with a few weeks of glorious sunshine and on my days off I tried to make the most of the gorgeous weather. I've had a bunch of favourites this month across the board and have really enjoyed using them loads - the majority are new discoveries but there is an old flame that features also.

First up is the most recent purchase which I bought just a few days ago but I've been wearing nothing else on my lips so felt I had to feature it. I've got a few shades of the Revlon Lip Butters which launched a couple of years ago and I had a £3 off Revlon voucher so decided to pick up a more summary shade - Tutti Frutti is now a firm favourite in my lip product collection - the shade is absolutely divine with the perfect consistency of a sheer wash of a corally pinky red to the lips, a flattering shade for all skin tones.
A miscellaneous favourite now concerns these hair bands from Primark. Hair bands all have the same purpose at the end of the day but I thought these put a bit of a twist on your standard black hair tie and feel the stripey and textured effects make them really cute to look at and jazz up a boring pony tail or bun.

The Vaseline Spray & Go moisturiser has been a much hyped up product over the past few months since it's release - I was reluctant to buy it because of it's around the £5 mark price tag I felt it probably wouldn't last that long. However I picked up the pure oat one when it was on offer for about a third off so I thought I'd give it a trial run. I have thoroughly enjoyed using this as it is much more convenient and easier to apply than your average rub in body moisturiser. It will probably get used up quicker but for convenient purposes is definitely encourages you to moisturise post shower and for that I will probably repurchase many a time from now on!
On the topic of body products heres that old flame I mentioned earlier - now I'm prone to burning, a few hours in the sun and I will probably return a lobster but last year when I was faced with scorching sun in Greece I knew I needed a sunscreen I could rely on and that would keep my pasty skin safe and protected. With the hot weather in the UK making an appearance I decided to stock up on the Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration suncream which is a dream. I love the scent, consistency and feel like I need to top it up a few times a day. It is a bit pricey but for the sake of your skin, I'd recommend this one.

I made a small Body Shop order at the beginning of the month and the product which I've been wearing almost everyday has been their Honey Matte Bronzer. I feel this really compliments my skin without looking too muddy or orange and has definitely made me a bronzer girl and say goodbye to blushes for a bit.
Finally a nail polish - I have been wearing this on my toes over the month of June and I'm sure it would look even nicer on you olive skinned or tanned girls. The Rimmel Salon Pro varnish in Happily Ever After is a gorgeous coral/pink/red which is perfect for summer - for under a fiver I'd definitely recommend picking it up next time you're out and about...

No comments:

Post a Comment