Friday, 1 August 2014

the l'oréal launch

Every body and their blog has been raving about these shadows over the past month or so, a new release of shimmery and matte shadows from L'Oréal tempted me in too. So I picked up a couple of shades the other week and have been trying and testing them ever since. 
I picked up two shades to begin with - Nude 201 & Matte 106 were the ones that I felt I would wear the most. I have to say I'm not sure about the packaging, it seems that the shadows aren't secure properly and a few I opened in the shop the shadows were starting to crumble out of the container. 

However, don't judge a book by its cover as the quality of the shadows themselves are as everyone else has said, they are buttery soft and apply evenly so not a lot of blending is required (perfect for eye shadow noobs like me!)
I usually wear these shadows on their own because they are simply that beautiful, on top of the MAC Painterly paint pot these shadows stay set for a good few hours with not a crease in sight. I tend to opt for Nude 201 for evenings or special occasions as it has more of a shimmer in the shadow and I wear Matte 106 on a more daily basis as it's slightly more understated. 

These little pots of goodness can be found in Boots or Superdrug for about £7 each but it's definitely worth trying to pick them up whilst on 3 for 2 because one would simply not be enough...

No comments:

Post a Comment