Wednesday, 12 November 2014

all about: the berry lip

bottom to top - revlon just bitten kissable balm stain / korres lip butter / maybelline superstay /
 revlon super lustrous lipstick / MUA matte lipstick / topshop lipstick 

It wouldn't be Autumn time without reference to the classic berry lips, full of berry goodness a deep rouge lip with a hint of purple and plum is one of my favourite shades to wear. Especially with winged liner or just a coating of mascara. So I gathered a bunch of my favourites which I enjoy wearing throughout the colder months and they're all different finishes and shades so there's something for everyone. (apologies in advance for the amount of times I say 'berry' in this post)

The balm - Revlon just bitten kissable balm statin - Crush: This little beauty was all the rage a couple of years back and it's still holds a strong place in my berry lip collection. The colour for me is as true to a berry shade as it could be and the formula ensures the product is long lasting. It can be slightly drying but with a decent enough lip balm underneath the lips shouldn't dry out too much.

The butter: Korres lip butter - Wild Rose: Again, an old favourite - the Korres lip butters are loved my many bloggers. The wild rose shade is perfect for Autumn with the shade being a slightly more of a pink berry. The beauty of this one is that the colour can be built up as you wish, with a little amount creating a sheer wash of colour but it can also be built up to a much more intense shade. A little note to add, this one can be a bit messy so I would recommend applying with a lip brush to avoid berry stained fingers!

The lacquer: Maybelline superstay 24 colour - Absolute Plum: Out of all the products mentioned this is the one that doesn't get as much use. I tend to find it drying as it dries matte and even with the balm end applied over the top my lip still feel dry and flaky. The colour is a divine shade of plum but the formula just needs working on a little.

The shimmer lip: Revlon super lustrous lipstick - Spiced Brandy: This little gem is definitely up there with my favourite lip products ever. I'm not sure if it's still available in stores but I'm sure it can be found online. It's a more of a brown toned berry but I still find it flattering on my fair skin, the super lustrous formula keeps the lips nourished for a little while also. With minimal eye makeup and this on the lips, the look is simply gorgeous.

The matte: MUA matte lipstick - Wild Berry: The most budget friendly of the lot is this gorgeous matte purple toned berry shade from MUA. For the price you really cannot complain, I think it was £1 or £2 but the colour pay off is amazing and the matte formula itself isn't too drying. A definite winner if you're on a budget, I have a few shades from the range and they are all lovely.

The vampy lip: Topshop Lipstick - Depth: Last but by no means least is this lipstick by Topshop, which is not for the faint hearted. This one is the vampiest of them all and is an intense shade, get it wrong and it could be mistaken for a bruised face but get it right and you will be modelling a gorgeous vampy berry lip. The consistency is quite a bit drying so again make sure your lips are well prepped to avoid flaking and drying. It is a gorgeous shade though and is sure to turn heads!

No comments:

Post a Comment