Friday, 7 November 2014

the favourites post - October 2014


Apologies for the lack of posts recently (*cough* since August, I'm ashamed) I have no excuse other than I have transferred unis and have been busy settling into my new accommodation and course. I have some spare time throughout the week and obviously at the weekends so I decided enough was enough - it's time to get back to the blog! I have also missed reading and writing posts too, so I'm excited to start again. 

October is over which means it's time to get festive and look forward to all things Christmassy. Throughout the month I've been loving a handful of products, some are new and some are old. 
The first being the Palmer's Cocoa butter concentrated cream - first things first this stuff smells incredible like simply delicious. It's nourishing and gentle on the skin and soaks in quickly leaving the dreamiest cocoa scent. For such an inexpensive product it is great for throwing in your bag and using when your skin is feeling a little worse for wear. The beauty of this product is that it's multi purpose and can be used on hands, feet, elbows, the list goes on... 

A product I've been meaning to try for the longest time is the Laura Mercier foundation primer, I bought the glamour beauty box and I think I squealed when I saw this was in it. This definitely helps your makeup to be more long lasting and creates such a smooth base for foundation to go on top. Primer is definitely an extra step that makes a big difference in the way your makeup applies and stays for the day/night. I've really been enjoying using this and it's now a firm favourite in my daily makeup routine. 

Now every blogger includes a berry lip in their Autumn months favourites I swear, but this months I've been all about the your lips but better shades and the nudes. I dug out this Rimmel Apocalips in the shade Celestial and have been wearing it loads. Apart from the scent, I adore everything about this product. The shade is so flattering on my skin tone and the finish ensures it sticks around for a good few hours before it needs reapplying.

If the Rimmel Apocalips hasn't been on my lips then the Maybelline Coloursensational in Sultry Sand has been. This shade is such a 90s throwback, fusing together grunge and glamour - it's a beautiful nude for fair skin, I do tend to pat the product out once applied so it doesn't look like concealer but once that's done it looks really flattering. Teamed with some winged eyeliner and highlighted cheek bones, it creates the most effortless look. 

With late nights and early mornings taking their toll it only meant one thing... The Bobbi Brown creamy concealer and I became best friends again. The creamy consistency makes it a dream to apply and it's long lasting and keeps the bags at bay. It may seem like a big investment for a concealer but a little goes a long way so it will last forever... well almost. 


No comments:

Post a Comment